Friday, July 16, 2010

So, Thoughts?

As you may be able to tell, I changed the template/scheme of this blog. A lot.
I am torn between the old way and the new. Damn it. I should've taken a screenshot before I changed it!
Anyway.
I liked the simple, BLACK-ness of the old format. Images also seemed sharp against it. And it complemented my preferred Courier font.
But, I decided to change it since Blogger came out with a new way to design blogs.
It seems a bit crowded to me. I like the colours, but they're also a drawback. There are a lot, and some have trouble showing up against the various backgrounds. I tried to remedy it to the best of my ability, but I couldn't fix the 'days left to vote/how many votes' underneath the polls without changing the text colours of the whole page.
I might change it back or find a nice compromise. I miss the stark blackness. Either way, however I need to spend a lot more time with the design feature.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, criticisms, ideas, pro/con lists are demanded! On any aspect of the blog.
And you don't have to be clever, and please please please don't post any comments here that talk about another post. Just do it there. Please, just talk to me about the layout. And vote on the polls. But do both! There's no 'or' option here.

13 comments:

Shamus McGee said...

"I liked the simple, BLACK-ness of the old format."

Like always, your writing always hits the mark. I can't add anything else.

mallika said...

so you don't like the new changes?

Anonymous said...

Mally Malt Shake(I refuse to call you mallix),I like the new changes. The black and white contrast of the old layout was a bit hard on the eyes...but that's just me.

But in the end it's up to you! Who cares what others think? It's your blog :)

Anonymous said...

OH. But I think that the colors are a bit distracting. You should stick to a more uniform color palette...it doesn't have to be just black and white, though. Maybe you should choose three or four colors that complement each other very well.

Shamus McGee said...

Mmm... the format right now doesn't seem that bad!

Shamus McGee said...

ANNOUNCEMENT: BP FINALLY STOPPED THE OIL LEAK! Top researched scientists have finally discovered out that in order to stop the oil leak, they have to PLUG THE HOLE RELEASING THE OIL!

Anyways~
Mullix, I have a request to bestow upon you.

Can you make a post about your political views one time? I'm curious to see your position in the liberal/conservative spectrum. I'm sure you can enlighten me a LOT with your cosmopolitan political insight.

mallika said...

ahaha sure
btw, you're name showed up when you followed this

Shamus McGee said...

Eh... all right you got me
It's me, बाप

Guess I'm gonna have to change my display name again!

Shamus McGee said...

Ugh, I just saw it, what a blunder...

Oh well, I was hoping you would be encouraged that someone who you DONT know might have been reading your blog...

For my sake, please let me remain in denial that I'm Shamus McGee?

mallika said...

um thanks for your concern or whatever but it doesn't really matter to me if people i don't know read my blog or not. so this all was kind of unnecessary

Not Anonymous said...

Hmm... so you're still gonna post about your side in the political spectrum?
You mentioned about how it was easier for you to write to anonymous people?

mallika said...

maybe later
i don't really like to take requests, though
and there are my newspaper articles for those people who go to my school

Shamus McGee said...

Hmm... Too bad that the Courier doesn't seem to express your style of writing all too well. Doesn't spark my interest as much.