Monday, February 14, 2011

Oaths...

...are what I uttered when I remembered my vow to post today.

Quickly, then.

My level of excitement today in anticipation of the Jeopardy IBM Challenge verged on the frightening. It was worth it. Alex Trebek is amazing. I want to give Watson a hug, though it may be difficult to get arms around those racks [NO PUN INTENDED. I'm serious.]. But I kinda wanted to punch him in his not-quite-face at certain moments, like during his hot streak. But then his repetition of the incorrect answer of Ken Jennings [still not too clear about possessive apostrophes] was très adorable [French accent required]. I'm on Team Rutter, though. *ahemahemmoustacheahem*

*whistle*

My only complaint was that there seemed to be a dearth of questions [or should we say, answers?] covered today. But they did explain that the Challenge consisted of two games encompassing three days, in order to give more background. So tomorrow shall probably be better on the game front.

It's impossible not to give credit to Alex Trebek, though. He remained [or at least seemed to remain] completely unfazed by the absurdity of Watson-the-contestant. However, he was adorable in his terseness towards Watson [mirroring my feelings]. Why did he shave his moustache?!

*whistle*

Hey, that wasn't too bad. This post didn't take too long. However, I feel it's rather different from my usual content/style. Perhaps that is a good thing.

I'd really like to do one of those multiple-day blogging challenges. You know, like Day 1:Favourite bands, Day 2:Favourite class, Day 3:5 life goals, etc. It'd be a good way to force myself to blog everyday. I know they're usually geared more toward tumblrs [it kills me to omit the 'e'], but they can always be adapted. SO, if anyone has any suggestions for a good challenge OR if anyone would like to devise one for me, it'd be much appreciated. Just inch youor purty little self [totally not creepy] down and COMMENT.

SPEAKING OF COMMENTS- aha! You thought I'd let you off the hook, eh?- I noticed a nice influx of traffic for the last post, even without the benefits of Facebook broadcasting. A nice chunk was directed from the Weekly Squire. I do understand that there was not much commentable about the last post, but nonetheless, there are pwetty little reaction buttons just begging for some attention. Mhm.

Oh, and you're not allowed to not comment on this post.

No comments: